Thursday, October 31, 2013

Windows on the Park

*** Windows on the Park Review ***

I discovered this place on the Knoxville Food Tours which I highly recommend. I have been wanting to go since I tried the buffalo chicken flatbread on the first tour. It was fantastic! On the second tour, I had a fried trio appetizer. It was good as well. The restaurant promises farm-to-table menu items in their newly renovated restaurant overlooking the World's Fair Park.

When we walked up, the hostess asked us if we were there for the $14.99 buffet. We looked at it but it didn't interest us. She said they only have a sandwich menu on buffet nights, but since they weren't too busy, she gave us a full menu. Not too busy equated to ONE table finishing in the restaurant. She sat us and said our server would be right with us.

Reading the menu on both visits, I knew I had to try the Yukon gold mashed potatoes as that is my favorite potato. I ordered the ribeye (also a favorite) with the potatoes and honey carrots. My dinner companion ordered a sandwich. We were served rolls that were Sister Schubert like yeast rolls that must have been cooked at lunch and heated up in the microwave. I didn't say anything because I wasn't there for the bread. My dinner came out looking pretty good except I hate when my meat is served on top of my potatoes. I don't know if I had built the potatoes up in my head too much or what, but boy was I disappointed. Hardly any flavor. The steak was pretty much the same story. The carrots, however, were excellent.


My companion's sandwich came out on a ciabatta roll so hard it was impossible to eat. He told the server who apologized and had the sandwich remade. He offered a complimentary dessert for our trouble. Of course I accepted. The second sandwich was much better. It makes you wonder why on earth they would send out the first one. We ordered the Tennessee Cheesecake. It was HUGE! It was also delicious.


Now remember how empty the restaurant was? One other table that was finishing up their buffet and left before our dinner was served. You would think being that empty we would have had the attention of at least one person in the restaurant. Nope. The service was so incredibly SLOW. Don't go expecting in and out service or to be treated as if you are important at all.

My rating is one star out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment