Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pero's on the Hill

Pero's on the Hill 
7706 S Northshore Drive 
Knoxville, TN 37919

I stumbled upon this restaurant in the Rocky Hill area.  When we walked in, there was only one table occupied that we could see.  We were sat quickly, but that was the end of the speedy service.  We were told our server would be right with us. The server showed up at our table about 15 minutes later.  We started with an order of garlic rolls for $3.  That was another 15 minute wait as we discovered they cooked fresh rolls in their pizza oven behind the bar area.  Being that I love bread fresh from the oven, I overlooked the wait time.  They were worth the wait.


For my entree, I split the ribeye steak sandwich for $9.99 with my dinning companion.  It was served on a hoagie roll with mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, and mushrooms with a side.  We had the fried okra.  The sandwich was amazing!  The steak was very well seasoned and the bread and toppings were very fresh.  The fried okra was average and you could tell it was a frozen item.  Still yet, the steak sandwich more than made up for it.


I give the food 4.5 stars out of 5 and the service a 1.5 out of 5.  If you have the time to wait, I recommend you check out Pero's on the Hill.  If you are in a hurry, wait until next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment